Microsoft Dynamics NAV provides a complete financial management solution, making it easy to connect financial transactions and information smoothly across affiliate companies and multi-site and international deployments while providing the audit trails and other security measures required by mandates such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Basel II, the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs). As organizations grow, as the marketplace becomes more competitive, and as regulations become more complex, the modular design of Microsoft Dynamics NAV enables you to extend functionality by adding in the solutions you need to manage financial data and generate the analytics and business intelligence that can help your company grow into the future.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV offers a full general ledger solution that provides the all the facilities necessary for setting up a company and posting to the general ledger: chart of accounts, general journals, value added tax (VAT) facilities, recurring journals, and source codes. Microsoft Dynamics NAV makes it easy to accomplish a spectrum of financial management tasks, such as:
- Setting up accounts in the chart of accounts. For each account established, there is a balance/ budget window that shows budget figures and/or actual figures for the entire chart of accounts, or for individual accounts.
- Viewing continually updated balances and net changes.
- Checking how journal entries will affect the liquid accounts before they are posted. Easily track posted general ledger entries and reverse entries that were posted with incorrect information.
- Entering figures in the general journal in any currency.
- Defining the fiscal year as beginning on any date and dividing it into accounting periods.
- Creating budgets in a matrix window, for a day, week, month, quarter, year, or any accounting period.
- Developing budgets based on department, project, or business unit
Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
With Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2009, you can streamline manufacturing processes and adapt quickly to changing demands to give customers what they want, when they want it.
- Improve business performance from the shop floor to your bottom line.
- Provide customers with information they can count on
- Adapt quickly to changing customer demands with agile manufacturing.
- Open your business to trading partners around the clock.
Increase the accuracy of promised orders and respond to customer queries about order status by viewing delivery details from your Role Center.
Plan rush orders, make exceptions, and handle last-minute changes to your manufacturing processes with multiple planning options, tracking, and interactive action messages.
Using a Web browser, vendors can manage catalogs, enter drop shipment orders, and maintain delivery dates.
Manage each phase of your jobs and projects with flexible planning, budgeting, and accounting capabilities that help ensure business success every step of the way. Jobs in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 provides a single view of current and planned projects so you can understand the true costs of your projects and get an accurate and detailed view of profitability
- Gain insight into your jobs and projects.
- Link detailed planning and invoicing information to each task.
- Manage different contract types.
- Take advantage of smooth integration with supply chain and financial management.
- Turn work in progress into a management tool.
Use your Role Center to access a quick, real-time overview of actual and planned costs, sales, and invoices for each job, and make confident business decisions.
Set up job tasks easily and include an itemized list for each that describes expected consumption of items, resources, and other costs.
Plan time-and-materials, cost-plus, fixed-price projects, or project-based contracts, or combine various contract types for the same project
Use comprehensive supply chain functionality for estimation and logistics as well as for providing links to financials, resources, and service management information
Calculate WIP using five different methods as often as required for ad-hoc or financial reporting purposes. Post and automatically reverse previous WIP to the general ledger.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an integrated business management solution that can empower small and midsized companies to increase supply chain transparency, improve execution, and achieve a low total cost of ownership. Integration of procurement, inventory, warehouse, manufacturing, and distribution functionality with financial management, customer relationship management (CRM), and other business processes helps ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is accessible to people who need it throughout the organization and among trade partners. The solution’s flexible, modular structure enables the addition of new or custom functionality over time to match the growth and evolution of the business. With Microsoft Dynamics NAV, companies can harness the power of an integrated supply chain to increase customer satisfaction, improve profitability throughout the supply chain, and gain a competitive advantage.Microsoft Dynamics NAV Service Management
Create a competitive edge with superior customer service operations that build customer loyalty while fueling profitability. Service Management in Microsoft Dynamics® NAV 2009 can help your organization quickly respond to customer service requests, organize resources for maximum efficiency, and boost customer satisfaction.With Role Centers in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you can gain the insight you need to make profitable decisions about the costs, inventories, workloads, and financial returns of your service operations. Role Centers provide access to the data, reports, alerts, and common tasks you need to work effectively. You can personalize your Role Center based on business needs, including the ability to view key performance indicators (KPIs) on service levels or customer satisfaction rates. Easily create ad-hoc reports on current inventory levels or price adjustments, and export the data to Microsoft® Office Excel® in a single click so that you can easily share it with coworkers.